Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Aerodynamic Enterprise Model in Progress




For years I've loved the notion of Federation starships being capable of true atmospheric flight, and how the U.S.S. Voyager toyed with that concept by putting the warp nacelles at the tip of rudimentary wings vs. the traditional pylons. A few years ago I began this new one I call the Enterprise G, with forward swept wings, canards, vertical stabilizer fins supporting the warp nacelles, and with the main disc section upfront generating lift due to its airfoil cross section. It has been back-burned a couple of years after I discounted an alternative design someone suggested that made it very Romulan warbird-like, but will give it a deep cleaning then put in on my work table to avoid the "out of sight out of mind" trap I too often fall into in my ADDHD frenzy. Once it is fully assembled, I will spray it a VERY light gray to help tie together visually the various components, then apply decals, then "age" it by rubbing it with dry soil and dry ash from my fire pit before applying a clear sealant. Enjoy....I love the basic design and hope others do too. John


No comments:

Post a Comment