Monday, January 31, 2011

Futurism

Ever since I was 10 in the UP of Michigan, in love with TV shows like Gerry Anderson's 'Fireball XL 5' and 'Supercar' plus 'The Jetsons' I've loved futuristic vehicles. A favorite spaceship of mine then was the track-launched one in 'When Worlds Collide'. Cars of the time I loved included the Dodge Dart, the first Barracuda and of course the 1959 Cadillac with those awe-inspiring fins. Here I am 57 and still "10" inside when it comes to futurism. I like to spray paint sheets of foam core, then tape to them favorite images I clip from magazines. Plus once I get a new color cartridge for my printer I'll get favorite on-line ones, like Luigi Colani's amazing shark-inspired airliner. Here are some pics of some of my collections. Enjoy, John




No comments:

Post a Comment