Saturday, March 19, 2011

the remarkably enigmatic dream sequence from 'Twin Peaks'

Way back then in Denver (1991?) I had heard about 'Twin Peaks' but had not bothered to watch it. But after this now-famous episode aired, Donna in Gainesville called me to say I HAD  to give "Twin Peaks' a try as she knew how much I love trippy surrealism. I took her advice, caught the rerun and as anyone in my life will testify, I was immediately hooked by, and obsessed with, 'Twin Peaks' for the next few years, mainly the incredibly melodic theme song I still love to this day. While 'Twin Peaks' is way too dark for me now for the last dozen years, I loved seeing this iconic clip tonight and  so am sharing it. Having the actors speak their lines backwards, then playing the sequence backwards for the show, was sheer genius by  David Lynch, right up there with The Beatles in 'Tomorrow Never Knows' and 'I Am The Walrus'. Enjoy, John

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guwl1w0yFGk&feature=related

No comments:

Post a Comment