Friday, June 10, 2011

My First Car

...was a 1957 Plymouth Belvedere that looked very much like this 1958 Plymouth. Cool push button transmission. It was the car I left home in in1972, leaving Tampa for Albuquerque. It overheated once in the desert but otherwise it was a gem. Like a fool I sold it to a guy who ended up driving if off a cliff just to see it crash...he and his buddy jumped out at the last minute. It's name was 'Blueh' as I had painted it blue with a brush and deep blue enamel paint...and my highschool friend Sally Newkirk always called it "Blueh" with the "h" added for effect. Before I left home I painted a giant white star on the trunk, glued a HUGE magazine photo of a movie star's lips (Liv Ulman?) to the inside of a side back window, then pulled out the back seat to make a mini-livingspace in back. Somewhere I have a pic of 'Blueh"....I should find and scan and post it. John

No comments:

Post a Comment