Thursday, September 29, 2011

AEROGAMI Stealth Paper Airplane

I made this one in 2007 I think from GIANT thick paper I brought back from Denver that I'd bartered bouquets of Old Roses from my yard at 1684 Willow St. back in the mid 90s. This size paper lets me create nice, sizeable paper planes that average 25 inches in length and that fly very well when tossed from a rooftop etc. due to their lift-generating airfoil wings, and their trailing edge camber and control flaps. Each gets a few coats of paint, and strong yet lightweight internal braces made from scavenged materials) within the wings and fuselage for added strength.

I want to find the old VHS tape taken by Chris Netter in Denver of the first Steatlh AEROGAMI flying for one and a half minutes when tossed from a Boulder hilltop, and get it scanned to CD to share with folks all these years later.

Attached is a link to a video from some months back that is an overview of my AEROGAMIs basic folds and cuts in case somebody would like to give the concepts a try.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPK1JeG_v3A

John

No comments:

Post a Comment