Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Occupy Tampa Potluck

This Sunday, November 6, at the Curtis Hixon protest site there will be a community potluck from 2-5 PM. Since the folks who spend the nights there are eating a lot of processed foods I will bring fresh greens, fresh citrus, hard boiled eggs, and a hearty stir fry. They ask that dishes be labelled for vegans, folks with allergies etc. It will be nice to hang out with fellow Occupiers again and to see the overnighters enjoying live, wholesome real foods, like kefir and kombucha tea and dried seaweed and salads, especially from our own farms and gardens and kitchens. I will have with me some envelopes of some great seeds I want to share with gardeners I know, or that I meet there.
I gather that the Mayor and Lt. Governor visited them today and that it went well. I hope to see you Sunday.
John

No comments:

Post a Comment