Monday, February 11, 2013

I've remembered my great many flying dreams in morning after one since my teens then early twenties...back then, the scenario was always the same...my being chased by an angry mob and JUST as they'd almost catch up I would be BARELY be able to will myself to float up JUST out of their reach, their fingers sometimes brushing my heels. By my late twenties I started having ones where I could, with no threat, just walk and DECIDE to float up but then sometimes go WAY too high or fast and with little control. Next came really fun Superman flying style ones but still sometimes going to high or fast. In my forties there were many flying dream styles, but all reflected my being relaxed and confident and self directed. My fifties have seen THE BEST ONES ever....magnificent adventure movies on par with 'Lost Raiders', flying stunning scenery, wonderful swooping and soaring like in 'Avatar'. Later came ones where I floated in a position like being in a recliner, 3-5 feet above ground, always moving feet forward...felt like being a hummingbird. But a few nights ago I had a whole new style....was short but delicious. I and a man were standing talking calmly in mid-air a GREAT distance above the ground....one of us guessed 12,000 feet the other agreed. We stood as firmly as if we were on a glass floor a few feet from either a hover car or personal spaceship parked there, very rigidly, which is somehow what made it so easy for us to be stable and float and converse. Funnily I was clutching my new Star Trek model and somehow KNEW that if I dropped it it would go right down through that "floor" and fall 12,000 feet and smash. At the end of the dream I told him that usually I was afraid of heights but that oddly I had ZERO fear...he agreed. A great one!

No comments:

Post a Comment