Saturday, July 17, 2010

'AEROGAMI' paper airplanes







Here are some images of various AEROGAMI paper airplanes I made a few years ago. I've begun making them again for pleasure and to sell as I did in Denver in the early 1990s due to a new friend into Radio Controlled Airplanes who likes them encouraging me to revisit that life project. They ARE fun to make and fly, and I sold hundreds of them back then at The Denver Botanic Gardens festivals to help meet the house payments during those LONG winter months when I could neither landscape nor grow food. The concepts behind them evolved over about a year in a quest for paper airplanes that would be based on true aerodynamic principles of lift, airfoil curve, trailing edge camber, etc. plus to look in a way that would delight the 10 year old in me who to this day loves sleek futurism.

John

No comments:

Post a Comment