Saturday, August 7, 2010








For years I've loved making various models of Federation starships that in practice would be airworthy spacecraft that could leave orbit and land on planets. I started this one years ago and it got backburnered, but I've cleaned off that work table to accomodate this model and my first-ever radio-controlled plane that my friend Dino is helping me build from a very large foam glider I owned. I tend to be an "out of sight out of mind" guy so seeing it daily should provoke ideas as to how to join these various componebnts from toys and model kits into a cohesive form. Joining the saucer section to the fuselage is a BIG challenge since my skills with body putty, etc. are marginal. Once I DO resolve those challenges, spray painting it with one color (likely a very pale bluish-gray) will do wonders to unify those elements visually. After that comes "aging" it by rubbing it with dry garden soil, cleaning it, adding decals, then spraying it with a dull matte finish. Most of me is about ten years old....when I work/play on projects like this I am REALLY ten years old! John




No comments:

Post a Comment