Sunday, August 8, 2010

A wonderful video tribute to 'Queen' and "Wayne's World'

I love 'Wayne's World' and 'Queen' and so I relish this well-executed tribute video. I was in my 20s and newly "out" in the 70s when this astonishing album by a gay rock band came out at a time in U.S. culture when most homosexuals like me were afraid to be ourselves, much less be openly visible. Anita Bryant "informed" America that we are pedophiles, as I recall. I think that there is sweet justice when I hear "We Are The Champion" and other iconic songs by Queen, being relished by hyper-butch straight dudes at sports events, drenched in both beer and testosterone, rocking out to their evocative music. John

You Tube
__________________"The only normal people are the ones you don't know well". unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment