Thursday, August 11, 2011

My Newest Airworthy Starship Design Proposal


I mothballed this one a couple years ago. Back then a sci-fi friend wanted me to add engines to ALL the wings as homage to both the Romulan Warbirds and the main ship in 'Battlestar Galactica'. But now, with it having been out of sight out of mind for about 2 years, I like my original design theme of a winged U.S.S. Enterprise that could fly in a planet's atmosphere and land on the surface, heresy to most Trekkers. The 10 year old in me LOVES the looks of this thing! All that remains is to resolve the gap in the upper surface of the fuselage, choose a spray paint color to visually tie together the various components from models and toys, rub it lightly with dry soil to "age" it like Gerry Anderson did his models, then apply the appropriate decals. I may call it the Enterprise G. Enjoy, John

No comments:

Post a Comment