Sunday, August 7, 2011

Short but superb clip about the making of 'Yellow Submarine'

The year the movie 'Yellow Submarine'  came out I was loving poetry by e.e. cummings and Rod McKuen and still reeling from 'I Am The Walrus' and Sgt. Pepper. Poetry was my sole creative medium then. Here it is 2011 and I am STILL reeling from all that and more. If this is a case of arrested development, I'm grateful. I loved this movie then, had a VHS of it for a few years then it broke, and I've yet to fnd this wonderfully evocative trippy animated film on DVD despite many searches. But I look forward to viewing it once again but THIS time, deliciously altered, bathed by my surround sound system.

I know The Beatles were "just a band", four guys whose energies synchronized with culture and events. And to me that is the magic of the gifts they gave the world along with their wondrous music.

Nice to see, belatedly, how this wonderful movie came about. Enjoy, John

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69MbW2SfIx0&feature=autoplay&list=PL5EF83365F4277F17&index=13&playnext=2

No comments:

Post a Comment