Thursday, September 30, 2010

Healthy Changes Fueled by My Usual Delicious "Autumn Mania" here in Tampa

Last night I did most of my new expanded bike ride (up Bayshore Blvd., across the bridge, 6 miles around Davis Island and back, 17 miles according to Avena) in the rain....was kind of sensuous and fun, like something I'd have done on purpose in my teens and early 20s. Substituting bike rides for an "altering" night weekly, these 3 bike rides weekly, important diet changes (no seconds, cooking with smaller amounts of healthy oils, meals served on salad vs. dinner plates), BIG changes in my gym routine, substituting a high protein shake for one meal daily has the body fat coming off as I build visible muscle.....I have 16 days to lose 8 more pounds to reach an initial goal. I am glad I took the bull by the horns, and am loving it. Now also waking up 4-5 AM most days, crashing earlier, getting more done.....feels very healthy and energizing, a nice positive feedback loop. Today is day 3 of a short pre-sunrise jog to see if my knee has healed after 6 year break from jogging after TWO injuries to the same knee back then.

Slim body, more alert mind, and better use of my days all feel like very healthy positive changes to cultivate! John

No comments:

Post a Comment