Saturday, September 4, 2010

'Open Your Box'

This song came out when I was just out of highschool and it blew me away BIG time.....I loved the raw ferocity of the song, and its very compelling beat and delicously raw guitar riffs. I still do. For me it is total "dance in your underwear in your livingroom while altered" music. ( TMI?) It was banned in the US then due to the sexual imagery, but I got it not long after "brown bagged" at a record store at Britton Plaza here in south Tampa.

I really admire whoever created this lovely, almost holographic video accompanied by a lightly cropped (beginning and end) cropped version of the original song, 'Hirake'. Nice to hear a Yoko song I've relished for decades widely available on line.

Enjoy ( I hope!)


John

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_G6VpxZthfE&feature=related

No comments:

Post a Comment