Saturday, November 20, 2010

"Arm Chair"








I made this sculptural piece of furniture not long after I moved into this house (2000?) after finding curb side two BIG boxes of plastic baby doll parts as Sweety and I walked to Ballast Point one evening. As I recall I bought the chair itself for $5 at a yard sale. It preceded the "Space Couch" and I am sure is a reflection of the tripped out tacky washing machine I had in Denver plus the sparkly altered wood framed chair I made for that house back in the 90s. I almost NEED my furniture to be art vs. a comfy thing to flop down into as I guess due to my ADDHD/stoner busy mind I rarely even have the urge to just "flop" into a squishy chair or couch. About a year after I made it a friend commented one day about my "Arm Chair" and we laughed....she was right!!! John

No comments:

Post a Comment