Monday, November 8, 2010

Fitness Program Update

I continue to be stunned by strength gains resulting from taking L-arginine in juice a half hour before a workout, a whey protein shake immediately after, plus taking the Velvet Beans medicinally in 3 week cycles. Just last week I stunned myself by being able to do 56 lb. preacher curls at my gym.....today it was 61 lbs! I am also seeing big leaps in strength when doing decline presses on the machine there. I gained 3 lbs. last week due in part I am sure to a ton of leftover potato and macaroni salad and fried chicken my neighbor Theresa gave me after a family dinner in memory of her husband Bill who passed away recently. But a few friends remind me that muscle weighs more than fat (which I continue to lose due in part to my 24 mile bike ride 3 times weekly) so maybe PART of that three pounds is my very visibly increasing biceps and pecs. Very encouraging after years of no real progress! John

No comments:

Post a Comment