Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Extremely creative video for 'Drive' by The Cars

I loved this song BIG time when it came out, but I was in my early 30s in Denver and still inclined a bit to enjoy melancholy songs. But I still feel it is a beautiful composition with an elegantly simple rhythm structure. A few nights ago while "altered" I found this astonishingly creative, odd, surrealistic video for it I'd never seen. I find the bizarre visuals (like the sliding bartender, and the mannequins) atop the lushly beautiful song oddly compelling.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbTjzZzfR7w

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, it speaks to the din... That fleeting remembering of how much more there is to what we are than we are accustomed to experience , day by day.. How much more, and how elusive it can be to keep .. and of course, The Cars nailed it - looking at the gift we each can be reminding one another.

    ReplyDelete