Saturday, December 11, 2010

Brian Eno and David Byrne classic.......

I have cherished 'My Life in the Book of Ghosts' since I learned of it belatedly in the late early 90s when I rented a cottage in Odessa, Florida. It is hard to find DVDs of it for sale, and my old CD skips here and there. For me, it is a monolith of trippy music on par with 'A Day in the Life' and possibly inspired by 'Revolution No. 9' from the White Album. Being enhanced by cannabis can add to the wonder of this remarkably creative album.

 And so I am glad that I checked YouTube for tracks from it, and very thankful to the person who shared that sublime music against a trippy backdrop to be sure that this gem is not lost. Pay it forward and pass it on.

Enjoy, John

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52-zmNmplRQ

No comments:

Post a Comment