Tuesday, December 21, 2010

'Why'

This is the original version I heard for the first time when my highschool friend Michael Harvey and I were in the Yellow Bird Record Store at Britton Plaza here in south Tampa when I asked them to play the B side of John's new song....'Cold Turkey' I believe. I was IMMEDIATELY transfixed and poor Michael had to deal with being embarassed by my dancing spontaneously in the record store. It has ever since been in my Top Three Favorite Songs list, and I am so grateful for its raw primal creative ferocity having all these years being mind fertilizer in my efforts to discover and create and improve myself. Plus it is one fucking great dance song in your underwear when deliciously altered!  Enjoy....crank the volume for best effect.  John

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwS-qoN6LZI&feature=related

No comments:

Post a Comment