Sunday, December 19, 2010

Live performance of 'Why' in 2009

Ever since Yoko Ono's iconic 'Why' was released in my senior year of highschool at Robinson here in south Tampa, it has been one of my Top Three Favorite songs due to its raw primal ferocity and creativity, and has served as a trusted fertilizer in my lifelong efforts to be inner directed and self actualizing. So it was a joy to find this video of her first ever live performance of 'Why', at the Meltdown Music Festival in summer 2009. She looks great at 76 here, and is clearly just as energetic and brave and edgy as in her youth. It is a given that I will play this video with the volume CRANKED 2-3 times each time I get altered. Plus the bass player seen up close near the end is a hottie.  Enjoy (or not!) John

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=461YhlP75wM

No comments:

Post a Comment