Friday, June 18, 2010

Conversation About Dreams at a Cars Group I Belong To, GMInsidenews.com

Wow. Your dream recall is excellent vs. people I've known who never remember their dreams. The technique that college psych professor had us do for 30 days was simple but VERY effective....for those who followed a KEY instruction of hers:Keep a note pad and pen by the bed.When you wake up in the morning, or to pee, etc. IMMEDIATELY write down what you DO remember, even a tiny detail.......IN THE PRESENT TENSE! i.e. "I am opening a green door and entering a room with red velvet walls" etc. At the end of the month, those of us who followed her advice to write in present tense were remembering so much we could have spent each day writing down our dreams instead of going to work and taking our classes! We were amazed.

Invariably, those who had little improvement in dream recall had written their dream journal entries in past tense. I will always be thankful to that professor, not only because most nights I get to see and feel and star in real cool "movies", but also because automatic dream recall has done much over the years to help me integrate various aspects of my subconscious, has boosted my creativity, and has helped me to avoid being in denial on issues now and then when needed.

John

No comments:

Post a Comment