Friday, June 18, 2010

My Livingroom-as-Art conversation on a cars forum

The Infinity Ceiling

The Incredibly Red Hall

Northeast Corner

Northwest Corner

South end of livingroom


"Wow John, that is WILD!! There is so much to see, I'd bet that one could constantly find something new when visiting, no matter how many times they come over! Also, I just want to say: -Chase"

Yes I have friends who say that and they've been visiting me for years. They spot something new every time. Ever since I was a young child one of my biggest joys has been creative projects in many media, plus admiring creativity by others. So my heroes include Marcel Duchamp, The Beatles, Yoko Ono, Laslo Moholy-Nagy, Brancusi, Stephen Hawking, Man Ray and others, plus now, James Cameron due to my going mental over 'Avatar'. I was a HUGE fan of 'Pee Wee's Playhouse' and am having a total blast "Pee-Weeing" out my retirement home. I have a very active mind that feeds on stimulation, and have always had very busy walls, even in rentals, with lots of wall art, so it is a blast to make this house WAY freakin' busy visually which in turn adds "fuel" for my busy mind....nice feed back loop that is fun as hell. In my youth I heard many times that in one's 50s one can TRULY become comfortable in one's own skin and worry far less about "what others might think" (like, "John Starnes is out of his freakin' mind, he needs to lay off the weed" ) and for me that has been true big time. In my depressive, angst-ridden, self loathing youth I could have never imagined I'd be so content and happy. Plus now, freed of those mental burdens, I have far more energy at almost-57 then I did 35 years ago. Tripping out this house has been not only paying homage to Pee Wee Herman, it has been a celebration of feeling free. Between my poor taste in interior decor and my being a slob in the kitchen, good thing I am happy single....no guy could take living with me! I just wish my homosexual chromosomes had that gay gene for tidiness.
John

"The only normal people are the ones you don't know well". unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment