Friday, June 18, 2010

Dream from November 28, 2009

Here's one I had last November 28.....I can still see the scenes in my mind's eye....would have made an incredible movie if I had a camera in my head:

After a couple of months of no flying dreams, which is odd for me, they've returned in earnest the last 6 weeks or so. There are a couple of new themes to them...in some, me and friends fly as a "flock" at orbital heights above the earth without needing spacesuits, with the dream ending with our doing a headfirst re-entry dive together minus the heat issue to land in some grand locale. Previously all my life I've flown alone.

The other new theme is that I start flying simply by holding a small paper airplane in my hands and pointing it forward into the wind...it lifts me off the ground, then I just point it in the directions I want to go.But last night was the first time ever that every single dream was a free standing flying dream! Oddly, in the first one, I was not actually me...not sure who I was...I think I was an older child. I could not fly very well, relied first on a paper airplane, then one gerry rigged from white fabric that worked poorly, and the dream had a somewhat morose ending with "me" unable to fly at all and ending trapped floating in a pool at a big hotel.

The next I used a paper airplane to take off and flew all over a city scape....I remember nothing of the "plot" just that it was fun and I could easily change altitude, speed, etc.

The remaining dreams were all sub-chapters of a major ongoing dream taking place on an archipelago belonging to ultra-wealthy people, with each island having its own super-elegant mansion with pools, golf courses, hotels, etc.....some of the islands connected to their neighbors, others were separated by water. The setting was classic "tropical paradise". Once again, my being able to fly required I hold something in my hands, with these objects changing. I am not sure if that began with a paper airplane, but one had me holding something small and metallic....I forget what....maybe a cell phone. But several dream sequences involved me walking over to this area of red sawdust mulch on an undeveloped area of one guy's island, grabbing two fist fulls, then aiming my hands forward Superman style to take off at will for delicious soaring and dipping above the archipelago, swooping down above the tropical water or swimming pools, visiting ultra-elegant homes and hotels, sometimes flying through them in slow motion to check out the interiors. It was fun as hell and various versions of this went on for quite sometime, each a mini-dream with different people, plots. etc.

One took place largely on a stunning beach with its own cast of characters I interacted with. The last few were the result of my discovering that I did not need the fistfulls of red sawdust mulch to fly anymore....just point my fists forward to take off and zoom with lots of high altitude flying above the islands and mansions, landing at will on the beach or hotel patios, enjoying myself, then taking off again.I always wake up in a better mood than usual after flying dreams, but today even more so after my first ever evening of nothing BUT flying dreams. Once again, I so wish I had a video-cam in my brain so I could play the dreams for friends as the visuals were awesome!

John

No comments:

Post a Comment