Saturday, June 5, 2010

I still love the wonderfully melodic, peaceful yet inspiring theme song to Twin Peaks, 'Falling'.

I played this song easily 20 times daily for five years back then, stunned and uplifted and inspired by its beauty. But about a dozen years ago I slowly fell out of that delicious habit and FINALLY moved on. Last year I remembered liking the song, played it and was reminded of its simple, elegant grace, and so now and then like to play the CD or this YoutTube clip of the show's opening. The vocal version byJulee Cruise is lovely too, and some of it appeared in a night club scene in the show. All Peak Heads back then agreed.....a BIG part of the hypnotic draw of the show was Angelo Badalamenti's musical score. In my opinion, 'Twin Peaks', though too dark for me now, was sheer genius by David Lynch. Enjoy, John

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oDuGN6K3VQ&feature=related

No comments:

Post a Comment