Thursday, January 21, 2010

family photos







A few years ago I picked up my Dad in Okeechobee and drove us down to the Keys to see his now-deceased ailing sister Ola Mae, see other relatives along the way, and once at Key West, to see if we could find the Navy base he served at in 1953, plus the apartment I was a newborn in. We found it! I teased THAT is why I liked The Beatles song Revolution No 9....."number 9, number 9..." I found on that trip in Ola Mae's closet several old family albums that had survived the hurricane, so once back home I scanned tons of pics for me and my family to save and print out.

Here are a few pics of my Mom and Dad as a young couple in the early 1950s, me as a baby, and Dad and I when we found our old apartment on Catherine Street there in Key West.

No comments:

Post a Comment