Monday, January 25, 2010

movie 'AVATAR'

I just saw 'Avatar' this afternoon and for me it is simply THE best movie I have EVER seen. I was brought close to tears a few times both by joy and sadness. I feel it is a flawless, wonderfully imaginative masterpiece in all regards. And I agree wholeheartedly with friends and others that it is an eloquent statement on corporatocracy, what was done to the Native Americans and the Iraqi people, and on the root causes of "terrorism" when a people finally fight back against being invaded and displaced and killed and stolen from. Admiration is one of my favorite emotions, and my admiration for James Cameron is boundless. I went there with stellar expectations, and they were surpassed many many times over. The creatures, the scenery, the cool aircraft and that magnificent shuttle, the realism of the skin on the Navis, everything, for me, was executed flawlessly.

Here is the official trailer:

http://www.avatarmovie.com/index.html

No comments:

Post a Comment