Thursday, January 14, 2010

'The Prisoner' TV series from 1967

In my opinions, 'The Prisoner' was the most creative and deliciously surrealistic series to ever have been on American TV, and I've treasured my DVD collection for years. To my amazement, it can be seen at: www.hulu.com

Here is episode one, my second favorite....the last episode, 'Fallout', is likely my favorite. I love seeing in episode one, 'Arrival', his getting acquainted with The Village and his first encounters with 'Rover', an enigmatic bio-mechanical white globe that acts as a prison guard/watch dog. It is anchored to the seabottom off the coast of The Village....I love the eerie sounds it emits. I feel this series is sheer genius and hope you indulge. Patrick MacGoohan created and starred in it.

John


http://www.amctv.com/videos/the-prisoner-1960s-video/?bcpid=2517767001&bclid=6012619001&bctid=6069547001

No comments:

Post a Comment