Thursday, January 14, 2010

Wonderful dream I had February 21, 2009

One of my greatest life blessings is having been taught effortless automatic lucid dream recall by a psych professor I had in junior college in 1976 at the Ybor City HCC campus.....I so wish I could track her down and thank her. She had us do this simple technique, and by the end of the month, those of us her followed her one crucial bit of advice, were remembering SO much we could have used up a big portion of each day writing down our dreams! All one does is keep a pen and pad by the bed, and immediately write down whatever you remember, even a snippet.....WRITE IT DOWN IN PRESENT TENSE was her crucial advice. It really DOES make a difference...."I am opening a green door and walking into a room with blue walls" vs. past tense. Don't be discouraged if at first you remember nothing, or even something vague...write down what you DO remember as soon as you wake up IN PRESENT tense.

For years I have been CCing to folks my best dreams as so many people said they loved getting them. I have saved some of the best ones, will search them out, and cut and paste them into this blog now and then. As I have said for years, I SO wish I had a video cam in my head to record them as the visuals are almost always breathtaking! Below is a wonderful dream I had on February 21, 2009, and shared the next morning in a big BCC e-mail to my long time Colorado friend Denny Arter. Enjoy!



Hi Denny
Last night, seemingly all night, I had THE most complex dream of my life, but it took place entirely in a simple idyllic rural setting, mostly outdoors, with just a small old beat up travel trailer (which belonged to the wealthy main character), what seemed to be a large bed and breakfast, and, briefly, a commercial loading dock as the settings for indoors scenes. HUGE cast of characters (I think because yesterday I attended a community gardening outdoor event on an organic farm where lots of people showed up). ALL aspects of the dream revolved around a main character....a small framed man in his 60s, almost white hair, soft spoken, gentle, very intelligent, very generous and philantropic and, without being ostentatious, clearly VERY wealthy. The whole night revolved around human interactions, nearly all very pleasant, as he gave cool things away to people, and as his wife sold some smaller items now and then, like a beautiful set of brass and steel cutlery in an elegant box.....he was clearly purging his possessions. Nothing about the dream was odd or trippy or surrealistic, almost a cozy 'The Waltons' kind of feel. But ONE scene WAS odd: We are all outdoors in this lovely country setting (one scene involved us enjoying a tunnel-like arbor a couple hundred feet long consumed by apricot yellow climbing roses!), when suddenly an Air Force air show began above us, a small group of F-15s I think (I am sure this is due to 5 Air Force airplanes flying over and interrupting my class yesterday). Suddenly, the number of planes increased DRAMATICALLY, with an extremely complex air show taking place that was somewhat unnnerving due to the number of planes and their high speeds. Suddenly, they all began movements UTTERLY IMPOSSIBLE in real life, and the crowd started to be really unnerved. Then, instantly, the entire fleet of planes transformed into a vast number of green DOTS that moved like those huge flocks of birds you see on TV where those thousands of birds merge into shifting waves...then they changed into shifting sheets of intense color in the sky, kind of like aurora borealis, then vanished. Everyone was simply dazzled and stunned. The dream proceeded on with its theme of highly complex and mostly pleasant interactions between a great many characters in the dream, plus Sweety, the rich guy's dog, and, briefly, what we thought for a few seconds was a giant mean junk yard dog on that loading dock, but it turned out to be nice. When I woke up around 6:30, I lay there utterly dazzled that my mind could have woven something SO complex and SO cohesive and SO pleasant for SO long! Then again, I sure as hell could not have thought something up like that while awake! Once again, I wish I had a video cam in my brain to share this amazing dream with friends. I'm going to CC this to some friends I want to share this with. I will forever be grateful to that college psyche professor who made effortless dream recall a part of my life way back in 1976! John

No comments:

Post a Comment