Monday, January 11, 2010

My Victorian Workout and Reading Room















For many years, friends, like my Denver ex-neighbor Cherrie, who know that I love and collect and promote Old Roses, have given me many wonderful rose-themed, Victorian-flavored treasures. I created this room to celebrate their gifts, my love of rose fu-fu, to house my collection of books about roses, and to write articles and work out in. Getting the very " Green Acres-Lisa Douglas" leopard chair curbside a couple of years ago really helped to make this room feel "finished". This is I feel the most peaceful room in my "home as art" project now almost ten years old. Plus as a slob I tend to actually keep it clean as I like the pristine feeling in there.












1 comment:

  1. I love this room. Roses are one of my favorite flowers also. For 30 years now I have been tending to a rose garden. One of my favorite luxuries is to have a 'spot of tea' in a gold trimmed delicate china rose cup. Your tea cups are an open invitation to elegance for me!!!

    ReplyDelete