Friday, January 1, 2010

'Night on Earth' movie excerpt

'Night on Earth' came out in 1991 I think, but I did not see it until many years later by stumbling on it at the IFC Channel. A very young Wynona Rider (sp?) is stellar in one of the five vignettes that comprise this near-melancholy charmer, all set in taxis at night in five different cities around the world. I have yet to find it on DVD and very much want to as it is simple and soulful and makes me want to forgive others and myself for our shortcomings and quirks and frailties. I will try to find on-line my favorite vignette, where the protagonist tries to save a Puerto Rican relative from her raunchy street life.....her relentless vulgarity, and his, leaves me laughing out of breath....."you know you are like a little fuckin' chihuahua"...."well fuck you, fuck you, AND fuck you!". This film is a gem.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9YI7wUFl0w

No comments:

Post a Comment